AllReader is a voice-output reading machine designed for use by individuals who are blind or have low vision. This device integrates a scanner, optical character recognition (OCR), voice synthesis, a Daisy player, and a CD-ROM drive in a single unit. It digitizes any type of printed material and reads Daisy format e-books and text files. Voice output is provided in English, French, Spanish, and German.
- Read the text in whole or in part and "navigate" forward or backward by page, sentence, line, word or character with maximum comfort and precision.
- The user can place a pause to interrupt the reading at any time, and then restart the reading at the point where it was left.
- The user can scan a page while reading the previously scanned pages. When the page presents columns, it only reads the text and automatically places them in the correct order.
- The device has built-in stereo speakers, a headphone jack, a USB port, and a Super VGA out connector for linking to a computer monitor.
- A user's manual and documentation are included.
- Power: Uses 100 to 250 volts.
- Dimensions: 4.5 x 18.9 x 12.6 inches.
- Weight: 13 pounds.