Articulation Forest is an app for improving a child’s speech that is designed for children with speech sound errors. It is developed to be used in consultation with a speech therapist. The speech recognition software has been developed in conjunction with the Barnsley Hospital NHS and the University of Sheffield.
- After setting up the app to be suitable for the individual child, the child can play games, allowing them to see how accurate their speech is on each attempt.
- It enables the speech therapist to track progress and adjust targets while the child practices at home.
- There are six different speech-based games to choose from.
- The games and exercises are designed to make the app suitable for children who need to frequently practice their speech tasks.
- It has a specially designed speech recognition software for people with difficulty speaking.
- It tracks a child’s progress and the information can be printed out or shared directly with a speech therapist through the app.
- Therapy goals can be adapted based on development and improvements.
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Compatible with iPad.