BBC Live Radio
BBC Live Radio is a free program for blind and visually-impaired people that lets them listen to dozens of live BBC radio stations online.
- Works with any screen reader.
- Enables users to listen to radio stations without much technical knowledge or difficulty.
- Stations featured include BBC Radio 1, 2, 3, 4, 4 Extra, 5 Live, 5 Live Sports Extra, 4 Longwave, 1 Xtra, Asian Network, the World Service, and dozens of regional and British stations such as Radio Scotland and BBC Manchester.
- It also includes the U.S.'s Classic FM and National Public Radio.
- Users use up and down and the return key to select and play a station.
- The program remembers the station the user chooses.
- It uses 16pt text so people with a little sight can use it without needing a screen reader.
- Works with any screen reader, including JAWS, Window-Eyes, Thunder, NVDA, and Narrator.
- Runs on Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista Service Pack 2, or Windows 7 Service Pack 1, or Windows 8.1 Update. 32- or 64-bit versions are all supported.
- The Microsoft .Net Framework 4 Client Version is required, but the installer should install it.