BioAid is a research algorithm that turns an iOS device into a hearing aid by processing sound from the microphone, then delivering the processed sound over the headphones in real-time.
- The processing is designed to enhance sound clarity and regulate the loudness of ambient noise.
- It is unique by virtue of using new audio processing techniques inspired by recent scientific developments in our understanding of the biology of hearing.
- It features six fixed settings, each of which has four fine-tuning settings, for a total of 24 settings.
- Users are encouraged to try a wide range of different settings to discover which one suits them best.
- Choose between different settings appropriate to common types of hearing impairment.
- The user also has control of the overall sound level and can vary the rejection level of background sounds.
- It can be used with any kind of headphones or earpieces, but users will need to use insertable earbuds that block out external sounds to fully benefit from the 'loudness control' features.
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.