Blink is an open source assistive communication tool developed for individuals living with paralysis or Locked-In Syndrome (LIS).
- A communication app navigable solely with eye blinks and able to run on low-resolution webcams.
- Customizable eye, pupil, brow, and mouth tracking to give a range of interactive options depending on the severity of paralysis.
- Automatic calibration to personalize responsiveness to each user’s unique range of motion and abilities.
- Multiple keyboard types and layouts to accommodate personal preferences and communication styles.
- Autocomplete and next-word prediction capacities, which learn over time basic real-time chat to connect users with each other.
This product is a freeware software available for free download off of the internet from GitHub or search for: “open source freeware Blink”.