Cause & Effect Series (Various Editions)
The Cause & Effect series is a software series designed to teach the basic principles of cause and effect to the student.
Intro to Cause & Effect
Designed to introduce the user as young as 9 months to the computer and the switch, and to improve the ability to track objects and increase the user's attention span. Each time the user presses the switch or keyboard, large, brightly colored geometric segments animate on the screen along with captivating sounds. Animation segments last for approximately 3 - 5 seconds. When the user presses the switch again, a new segment will appear. If the user doesn't press the switch, an image of the switch appears on the screen to suggest to the user that the switch should be pressed.
Cause & Effect Amusement Park
Made up of 16 lively activities with an amusement park theme. Each activity can optionally be played with a field of 1, 2 or 3 segments. The activities are errorless and no prior knowledge or understanding of any of the activities are needed. Animation for a segment is initiated by a single switch, touch screen or step scanning with 2 switches.
Cause & Effect Factory
12 segments with a factory and assembly line theme. This program is an age-appropriate cause & effect program but can also be used with younger children for its sound and graphics.
Cause & Effect Cinema
A simple cause and effect program that is age-appropriate for older as well as younger populations. This program is made up of 90 film clips covering 10 categories.
Cause & Effect Variety Bundle
Includes Cause & Effect Amusement Park, Factory, and Cinema, plus an additional title, "Wheel of Sounds."
Intro to Cause & Effect includes these features:
- 35 animated segments.
- Geometric objects are animated on the screen when the switch is hit.
- Animation is accompanied by captivating sounds.
Cause & Effect Amusement Park includes these features:
- Includes 16 activities. Specifically, these are: the ferris wheel, shoot the water in the clown's mouth; shooting gallery; knock over the cans with the baseball; popcorn machine; ray guns; dolphin show; bumper cars; car wash; motorcycle stunts; bowling; ring the bell; ice cream machine; pop the balloon with the dart; light the bulbs; and the roller coaster.
Cause & Effect Factory includes these features:
- Animation and sounds hold the user's attention and prior understanding of the segment is not required.
- Segments in this program include The candy factory, peanut butter factory, lollipop assembly line, street sign factory, computer assembly line, bridge attendant, post office stamp machine, loading dock, gumball machine, hotdog assembly line, cheese slicer machine, and toll booth operator.
Cause & Effect Cinema includes these features:
- Includes Animals, musical instruments, vehicles, tools, sports, toys, and appliances.
- Each film clip lasts approximately 3 to 7 seconds.
- When the switch is pressed the first time, the title of the clip is displayed in large letters on the top of the screen and a human voice announces the title.
- When the switch is pressed the second time, the movie begins playing.
Cause & Effect Variety Bundle includes these features:
- Wheel of Sounds: a switch-activated game that plays an object's sound when the object is selected by the spinner.
- The spinner is activated by either step scanning, timed scanning, a single switch press, a mouse or touch-screen.
- Once the picture is selected and the sound is played, a new picture will take its place.
- Can also optionally be used as a matching activity.
- Over 90 pre-loaded pictures and sounds. Optionally add custom pictures and sounds.
- For Windows XP or newer.
See Manufacturer's website about the Cause & Effect Series.