ChooseIt! Ready-Mades Series (Various Editions)
The ChooseIt! Ready-Made Series is a collection of CDs and activities with ready-made activities related to literacy, numeracy, and science. The software can be accessed via mouse, touch screen and switch. It provides a comprehensive range of revision activities that cover the science curriculum for children with special needs, with a simple and consistent presentation, clear language, switch accessibility and full audio support.
ChooseIt! Ready-Mades Science
Provides a comprehensive range of revision activities that cover the science curriculum at Key Stage 1 and 2. Includes the following modules: Foundation Living Things; Living Things; Materials; Forces and Electricity; and Light, Sound, and Space.
ChooseIt! Ready-Mades Literacy
This series contains over 20 activities that map directly to the DfES Primary Strategy Letters and Sounds document. Each activity has a graded sequence of 20 to 40 simply presented multiple-choice questions, which are structured using a positive reinforcement strategy. Correct answers result in a short animated sequence with music and spoken reinforcement, while full speech support and switch access options provide access to learning by almost all students. Includes the following modules: Everyday Words; Tricky High Frequency Words; Initial Sounds; Initial Letters; Initial Blends: Sounds; Initial Blends: Letters; Listening Skills; and Alphabet.
ChooseIt! Ready-Mades Numeracy
This series contains over 20 separate revision activities that map directly to Foundation Stage, P-scales or National Numeracy Strategy targets. Each of the 20+ activities consist of a graded sequence of 20 to 40 simply presented multiple-choice questions. Correct answers result in a short animated sequence with music and spoken reinforcement while a fun ‘monkey story’ game adds to the motivation. Includes these modules: Early Number; Foundation Shape, Space & Measure; Key Stage 1 Shape, Space & Measure; Number 0 to 5; Number 5 to 10; Number 0 to 100; Money; and Time.
ChooseIt! Ready--Mades Science includes these features:
- Foundation Living Things: This comprises 32 simple activities which introduce the topics of human beings, animals and plants as well as the world around us. These map directly to the Foundation Stage targets.
- Living Things:This contains 38 slightly harder activities which develop the knowledge gained from Life Processes and Living Things and maps directly to Key Stage 1 and 2 of the Science National Curriculum.
- Materials: These 30 activities look at materials from everyday life and their properties and cover both the Foundation and Key Stages 1 ad 2 of the Science National Curriculum.
- Forces and Electricity: The Physical processes area from the Science National Curriculum document at Key Stage 1 and 2 has 30 graded activities covering electricity and forces.
- Light, Sound and Space: The 31 activities cover the topics of Earth and Space and Light and Sound. The activities on Space have been extended into KS3 to give a wider breadth of knowledge to the pupil’s interest in this popular area of science.
ChooseIt! Ready--Mades Literacy includes these features:
- Everyday Words: Provides practice in recognising, hearing, matching, reading and spelling everyday words for colour, number, days of the week, months and seasons. Over 550 individual pages of activities.
- Tricky High Frequency Words: Multiple choice activities to practice recognition of tricky high frequency words that are so difficult to learn to read and spell. Covers Reception and Years 1 and 2 word lists. Over 600 pages of activities.
- Initial Sounds: Covers the sounds of the 26 letters, both individually spoken and spoken at the beginning of words. There is one activity for each letter, with five extra activities for each of the long vowel sounds. A choice of round-up activities includes VC and CVC blending. No grapheme recognition is required, although graphemes are introduced passively.
- Initial Letters: This looks at the matching and recognition of written letters, a-z. There is one activity for each letter as well as a selection of round-up activities.
- Initial Blends: Sounds: This covers the sounds of the 26 most common initial consonant blends. One activity for each of ch, sh, th, qu and tr. A further 13 activities introduce more blends in pairs (eg: for “bl” and “cl” together). Also includes fun round-up activities. Grapheme recognition is not required, although graphemes are introduced passively.
- Initial Blends: Letters: Covers matching and recognition of written blends. Common blends are covered, both individually and in pairs. With several motivating round-up activities.
- Listening Skills: Practise matching and identifying environmental sounds, vocal utterances, musical instruments, music styles, nursery rhymes, simple instructions, sequencing sounds, counting syllables, rhyming and alliteration. Covers most of Phase 1 of the Letters and Sounds document.
- Alphabet: Over 40 activities focus on learning the names of the 26 letters (rather than their phonic sounds) and on dictionary skills. Includes distinguishing letters from other symbols through to sorting whole words alphabetically. Also letter reversals, matching upper and lowercase and the British Sign Language alphabet.
ChooseIt! Ready--Mades Numeracy includes these features:
- Early Number: 32 activities designed to give pupils revision in the knowledge learnt in practical lessons about numbers one to three.
- Foundation Shape, Space & Measure: These 25 activities cover colour, 2D and 3D shape, positional words, opposites, sequencing shapes and time awareness (non-clock time). They map directly to the Foundation Stage targets and P-Level descriptors.
- Key Stage 1 Shape, Space & Measure: Includes 21 activities covering matching and recognition of geometric 2D and 3D shapes, sequencing shapes, counting sides, nets, weight, length, capacity, and planes and symmetry. Directly supports all areas of the NNS at KS1.
- Number 0 to 5: This has 21 graded activities covering comparison of quantity, counting sets of objects, counting on (rote counting), counting back, numeral recognition and matching sets to numerals. They map directly to the Foundation Stage targets and P-Level descriptors.
- Number 5 to 10: 23 graded activities covering odd one out sets, counting sets, counting on (rote counting), numeral recognition, more than, less than and simple addition up to 10.
- Number 0 to 100: This has 23 activities based around the 100 square, covering more than, less than, counting in 2s, 5s, 10s etc., number bonds in 10s and doubling.
- Money: Over 25 activities about cash, from coin recognition to working out change. Includes “What can you afford?” activities. Coin images are enhanced photographs, giving greater realism whilst retaining clarity for VI students.
- Time: 24 activities around time, from times on-the-hour up to counting on and back in units of 5 minutes, and everything in between. Many activities give you a choice of analogue or digital clocks. Includes an activity on weeks, months and seasons.
These specifications are common to all versions:
- Compatible with: Windows: 7/8/10.
- MSI installer is available for site licence customers.
- An active internet connection required for installation/activation.
Options & Accessories:
- Each title is available separately or for purchase together. There is also the option to acquire each title in a single-licence deal or five-user licence bundles.
See Manufacturer's website about ChooseIt! Ready-Mades Science.
See Manufacturer's website about ChooseIt! Ready-Mades Literacy.
See Manufacturer's website about ChooseIt! Ready-Mades Numeracy.