ClickAndGo Navigation is a free wayfinding technology for blind, low-vision, and mobility-challenged pedestrians. Accessible online and via the ClickAndGo Wayfinding App, it provides narrative directions, low-vision maps, and real-time location support (via iBeacon technology). Designed for use at venues such as public transit, universities, hospitals, and commercial centers.
- The technology is built around a searchable library of narrative routes unique to each venue.
- Audio and text-based routes are mapped out step-by-step by industry experts and describe cues of specific value to our users: tactile, proprioceptive and audio as well.
- It functions indoors or outdoors and provides consistent, detailed route information throughout the chosen venue.
- It includes tools the traveler can use to familiarize themselves with the venue before leaving their home: virtual tours, walking routes, and intersection descriptions are all accessed before starting the journey.
- IBeacons are positioned at key points throughout wayfinding project venues and serve multiple purposes.
- They broadcast messages via the ClickAndGo app and can confirm one’s location, identify landmarks, announce hazards (i.e. bicycle lanes, construction sites) and provide location-specific orientation cues.
- Route directions.
- Virtual tours and pre-journey learning.
- Intersection descriptions.
- Points of interest (POI).
- Restaurant menus.
- Customized low vision maps.
- The app requires iOS 9.0 or later and is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.