Clicker Connect SymbolStix
Clicker Connect SymbolStix is an app that enables learners with special literacy needs to take their first steps to independent writing.
- Each symbol focuses on a single concept and there are symbols for many commonly used words.
- Students choose from clusters of words, phrases, and pictures to produce their own writing.
- Selecting a cell containing a symbol sends the symbol into the user's document.
- The app displays both the symbol and the text, encouraging learners to make the connection between the words and the images.
- As each sentence is completed, it is spoken aloud in a child's voice, helping learners to review and correct what they have written.
- Students can use the Sound Shift tool to listen to words and phrases in the grid before using them.
- Runs on Apple iPad and Chromebook devices.
See Clicker Connect SymbolStix for iPad in Apple’s App Store.
See Manufacturer's website about Clicker Connect SymbolStix for Chromebook.