Clicker is a word processing program that offers writing support for students with a wide range of special needs. The built-in writing support tools and age-appropriate interface enable children of all ability levels to write independently.
- Clicker Voice Notes enables students to record their own audio notes before they write.
- Clicker Realistic Speech Feedback gives students the opportunity to hear their work read back to them in a friendly, children’s voice that they can identify with.
- Clicker word predictor is context-sensitive, helping children to write coherent, grammatically correct text.
- Both the predictor and the customizable spell checker are speech-supported so that children can hear a word before they use it.
- Clicker Sets enable children to write with whole words, phrases, and pictures and they are speech supported so that children can hear a word before they use it. Hundreds of ready-made Clicker Sets are included.
- Clicker enhanced accessibility features include switch access, touchscreen, and eye gaze compatibility, and the SuperKeys solution.
- Clicker 7’s Board provides Clicker users with a built-in planning tool to help them prepare for writing.
- Includes an accessible bookmaking tool that enables children to create on-screen books.
- Runs on Windows devices with Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10.
- Runs on Mac devices with OS X Mavericks (10.9) up to macOS High Sierra (10.13).
Options & Accessories:
- Clicker 8: a version compatible with Windows and Mac computers.
- Clicker writer: an app compatible with Ipad and Chromebook.
- Widgit Symbols for Clicker: Widgit Symbols that can be added to Clicker activities to provide a visual aid and offer vocabulary support for student communication and learning.
- Mayer-Johnson PCS Symbol Set: The symbols have been designed specifically to support literacy and are used in many countries worldwide to support a variety of learners, including students with special needs, early learners, and those who do not have English as a first language.