Coglink is an email program designed for use by individuals with brain injury or cognitive disabilities. The email software is personalized to include only the people the user wants to exchange email with, and the program helps the user build a community of email partners. Coglink has no hidden windows or distracting pop-up screens, and it includes a free training program that helps users learn the basic skills for using the mouse, keyboarding, and emailing.
- A "delete" button, allowing users to delete messages without having to respond to them.
- A "save" button, to allow users to reply to messages at a later time.
- A "sent mail" button that allows users to reread previously sent and received messages.
- A carbon copy or "cc" function for sending a message to more than one person.
- Capability of sending photo attachments.
- Capability of printing email messages and attachments.
- Windows (XP or higher) or Mac OS (10.4 or higher)
- A working CD drive for Windows, Available USB port for Mac.
- A connection to the Internet through a dial-up modem, DSL, Cable, or wireless broadband.
- A set of speakers in order to hear the audio input from the training program.