Digital Pill Dispensers (Generic)
Digital pill boxes are pill organizers accompanied by medication reminder apps that are designed for use by individuals with Alzheimer's Disease, brain injury, or cognitive or memory disabilities. They can store a variety of medicines and remind users when and how many pills to take, provide reports to caregivers, and automatically order prescription refills.
These are common features found with this type of product. Not all products will have all features - so look at individual products to find the one(s) that provide the features you need.
- A programmable medication-dispensing carousel or box that holds the medications (the capacity and number of possible daily doses vary).
- A built-in programmable timer.
- A built-in key lock to prevent double dosing or medicating at the wrong time.
- A flashing light or sound alarm.
- An app that reminds users to take medications.
- An app that sends usage reports to a caregiver or monitoring service.
- An app for automatic refill notifications.
Where To Buy:
This is a generic entry. This type of product is available from many vendors. Type or paste the following search phrase into your preferred web browser: “digital pill dispenser."
- Bluetooth support.
- Wi-Fi support.
- Battery powered.
- Android or iOS device.