Dutch Sign Language on CD-ROM
Dutch Sign Language (DSL) on CD-ROM is a collection of sign language gestural videos developed especially for the deaf and hard-of-hearing users. With this technology, gestures can be quickly looked up and clearly demonstrated.
The DSL series consists of three CD-ROMs: 'Communicating with deaf children at home and at school':
- 1 is gestures when communicating with young deaf children.
- 2 focuses more on older deaf children and adults.
- 3 contains Gesture Quiz (a multimedia game and exercise program) and almost a thousand extra gestures. All gestures can be used to play.
- Each CD-ROM contains about 1000 gestures from the Dutch Sign Language and the translation of these gestures to Dutch.
- See the use of gestures in complete sentences, example sentences, and short stories in which the gestures can be seen.
- User-friendly dictionary application.
- Quickly lookup a gesture-based on the handshape of the gesture and/or the place where the gesture is made.
- See a DSL translation of a Dutch word.
- Lookup a gesture through a Dutch or English keyword.
- Looking for a gesture by theme.
- See grammatical DSL information.
- The CD-ROMs can be used by everyone who is interested in the Dutch Sign language regardless of age.
- Bilingual: DSL to Dutch / Dutch to DSL.
- Designed for both Windows and Apple computers.