Allows users to read and purchase digital books, newspapers, and magazines. E-readers eliminate the need to flip a page or physically hold a book, and they also typically allow users to change font size, increase the contrast, and modify how many lines of text fill a page. Some models additionally have read-aloud capabilities, which may be helpful for some users.
These are common features found with this type of product. Not all products will have all features - so look at individual products to find the one that provides the features you need.
- Digitally purchase, rent, borrow or download reading materials and documents via WiFi.
- Ability to highlight, insert notes, and save passages.
- Adjustable font, contrast, number of lines per page, and screen brightness.
- Easy-on-the-eyes, anti-glare screens.
- Paired-down menu buttons (page forward/backward, select).
- Some models may feature read-aloud capabilities.
Where To Buy:
This is a generic entry. This type of product is available from many vendors. Type or paste the following search phrase into your preferred web browser: “e-reader.”
Options & Accessories:
- Waterproof or water-resistant models.
- Capacitive touch or stylus models.
- Combination e-reader and tablet for notes or drawing.
- Combination tablet and e-reader.
- Bluetooth sync with Audible or other audiobook apps.
- Available in a number of colors.
- Requires WiFi and/or Bluetooth.
- Multiple languages.
- Charges via USB.
By using this link, a portion of your purchase will help to support the Unified Listing.