The EasyReader is a portable device that scans and then reads printed texts in a natural voice. The device is designed to prohibit problems with an incidence of light, page positioning or quality of the paper.
- Built-in scanner to read out the texts. Light and shade have no impact, hefty books can be pressed down and the page can be ideally positioned because the scanner edges are perceptible. The scanner offers a high resolution, allowing the reading of medicine information leaflets.
- The EasyReader has a limited number of buttons with spoken help messages. The volume, reading speed, battery status and Daisy based navigation is easy to operate. The EasyReader offers complete navigation, on letter, word, sentence, line, text block and page level.
- The operator can select which portion of the scanned text is to be read.
- By connecting to a braille display, the EasyReader will convert the scanned text to braille characters. Option to display messages in braille to make the EasyReader fully operational for the deaf-blind.
- The built-in battery allows 7 hours of reading before needing to be recharged.
- Included is a lightweight aluminum casing for portability.
- Option to switch off column recognition and to read the text from left to right.
- 96 voices/34 languages (Nuance Vocalizer and Acapela); optional Arabic and Hebrew language pack; automatic language detection.
- The device has a headset jack.
- The EasyReader can export the text to an MP3 player or USB memory stick.
- Import PDF-files from USB.
- Export to USB in txt, mp3 and jpeg format.
- Optional storage keyboard to import and export.
- Connectivity: Braille display, USB.
- Battery and autonomy: Lion-Ion battery (Autonomy: 7 hours, Charging time: 4 hours).
- Weight: 3.8 kg.
- Dimensions: Length: 428 mm, Width: 260 mm, Height: 72 mm.
Options & Accessories:
Accessories are available for purchase. These include but are not limited to:
- The EasyReader backpack allows the user to scan and listen to texts with the device inside the backpack.
- Optional keyboard to save texts on the internal hard drive, USB or MP3 player.
- Arabic and Hebrew language pack.