The ElBraille is a portable braille computer designed for users who are blind or deaf-blind. Designed as a replacement for a dedicated notetaker, ElBraille offers the flexibility of a computer running the Windows 10 operating system with JAWS and a Braille display with a full braille keyboard to offer an accessible compact computer. (JAWS and Braille display sold separately.)
- Screen reader experience with either Eloquence speech output or Vocalizer Expressive voices.
- Full braille output.
- Type text into documents or perform JAWS and Windows commands from the braille display’s keyboard using the JAWS BrailleIn feature.
- Run any Windows application such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Outlook.
- Use FSReader to read DAISY books.
- Includes a set of apps for performing popular actions such as the creation of voice or text notes and listening to audio content.
- Includes ElNotes application developed by Elita Group to create, store, and manage text and voice notes on the ElBraille Notetaker.
- Compatible with existing Focus Blue braille displays and existing JAWS licenses.
- Self-brailled emergency menu allows recovery of the device without system reboot or loss of data in case speech and braille output is interrupted.
- Supports Microsoft Office 2016, 2013, or 2010.
- Runs Microsoft Windows 10.
- Braille display: 14 refreshable Braille cells, an 8-dot Perkins-style Braille keyboard.
- Microprocessor: Intel Atom x5-Z8300, Quad-Core 1.84 GHZ CPU.
- 160 GB of internal memory, 2 GB RAM.
- Two stereo speakers.
- Built-in Microphone
- An additional system speaker with sound and vibration feedback.
- Wireless WLAN802.11 A/B/G/N/AC networks support (2.4 and 5 GHz).
- Bluetooth V4.2.
- A built-in 4G LTE modem supporting 7 cell networking standards: TDD-LTE, FDD-LTE, TD-SCDMA, WCDMA, CDMA1X/EVDO, GSM/GPRS/EDGE. Download speed up to 150 Mbps, upload speed up to 50 Mbps.
- GPS 1/8" (3.5 mm) headphone jack.
- Memory card slot supporting SD, SDHC, SDXC up to 256 GB.
- USB 3.0 port.
- Mini HDMI port.
- Rechargeable 10,400 mAh battery.
- Approximately 17 to 20 hours on battery, even with wireless networking turned on.
- Powered with an AC adapter (110 to 240 V) or from the battery; adapter includes replaceable plugs (UK, US, EU, AU).
- ElBraille-14 dimensions: 7.4×4.7×1.5 in (189×118×38 mm).
- ElBraille-14 weight: 27 oz. (750 grams) with battery.
Options & Accessories:
- Available in versions compatible with either a 14-cell or 40-cell braille display.