A speech interface that allows visually impaired users to interact independently and efficiently with the computer.
- Audio formatting and full support for W3C's Aural CSS (ACSS) allow Emacspeak to produce aural presentations of electronic information.
- By blending all aspects of the Internet such as Web-surfing and messaging, Emacspeak speech-enables local and remote information via a consistent and well-integrated user interface.
- Available free of cost on the Internet.
- A suite of task-oriented applications provides efficient speech-enabled access to the audio desktop and evolving semantic WWW.
- When combined with Linux running on low-cost PC hardware, Emacspeak/Linux provides a reliable, stable speech-friendly solution that opens up the Internet to visually impaired users around the world.