Equidox by Onix
Equidox by Onix is a self-service, semi-automated software program that converts inaccessible PDF documents into WCAG 2.0 AA-compliant HTML and accessible PDF and EPUB 2 content.
- Detects and tags reading zones such as text, images, and URLs.
- Orders the content automatically in the correct reading sequence, including multi-column formats.
- Detects lists, including nested lists, and properly configures them for screen readers.
- Provides a table editor designed to make tagging table content faster and more accurate.
- Creates text through OCR technology, recognizing characters from scanned or imaged PDFs.
- Choose between WCAG 2.0 AA-compliant HTML or accessible PDF and EPUB 2 formats.
- Upload PDF documents and the software automatically converts text, images, URLs, lists, and tables.
- Allows users to make manual adjustments to tables, add image descriptions and enhance metadata.
- Users can preview and adjust their document until they are satisfied and then reassign it for review and approval.
- Once approved, the document can be saved to a local or shared file system or exported to an FTP server or to an external content management system.
- PDF documents can be converted into WCAG 2.0 AA-compliant HTML or accessible PDF and EPUB 2 content.