Eyegaze Edge Talker
The Eyegaze Edge Talker is specifically for use as a communication device for people whose only means of communication is with their eyes. It is a speech generator (SGD) able to accommodate any of the variations in the human eye often seen in conjunction with various physical disabilities.
- Compliant with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) HCPCS 2014 Code E2510.
- It requires the functional use of only one eye, so people with eye injuries or strabismus are still able to use it.
- Uses unique algorithms to accurately locate the center of partially blocked pupils, so patients with ptosis (drooping) of the eyelid are still able to use it.
- Can track unusually small pupils accurately, which is important for people who take narcotic pain medications that cause the pupils to constrict.
- It enables patients to communicate in any position, helping those who find sitting upright uncomfortable or impossible.