EyeSpeak is a communication system through the eyes, for people with extreme mobility and communication limitations. EyeSpeak consists of a pair of glasses on which a virtual keyboard is displayed. A micro camera detects the position and the movement of the eyes, identifying at which key the user is looking.No computer is needed.
- Users can communicate at any place or physical location, without the need for assistive devices such as a computer, laptop or tablet.
- Autonomous use: the only help the user needs is someone to put the glasses on the face and press the "ON" button to turn it on.
- View the Internet, videos, emails and skype with privacy.
- While communicating or using the Internet, the user of the EyeSpeak can still observe all the surrounding context, through the transparent lens of the device, maintaining a close connection with reality.
- Augmented Reality Glasses.
- Communication Unit: Infrared LEDs, Camera with an eye-tracking interface, Processing Unit, Speaker.
- Power Unit.
- Operating system: Android [4.0.4].
- Resolution of the EyeSpeak: 960x540 (the same as the EPSON BT-200 glasses).
- Field of view of the EyeSpeak: approximately 23° (the same as the EPSON BT-200 glasses).
- Autonomy: approximately 8h.
- Infrared wavelength: 880 nm.
- Infrared maximum intensity: 0,16 mW/sr per LED (According to International Regulation).
- Camera resolution: 320x240.