Grandcare Home Monitoring System
The GrandCare Home Monitoring System is an emergency alert system with monitoring service designed for use by individuals with disabilities or seniors who are at risk for medical emergencies. The system includes activity monitoring, emergency alert buttons, direct caregiver access to monitoring through the Internet, and an individualizable TV channel through which the caregiver can send messages. The system monitors daily activity through motion detectors strategically placed in areas such as the bathroom, meal preparation areas, entry way, and bedroom.
- Large, easy-to-read touchscreen.
- Online access & app for remote caregivers.
- Activity Monitoring & Telehealth sensors.
- Games, calendar, medication management.
- One touch video chat.
- The system can also monitor home temperature, incoming phone numbers (Caller ID), and a variety of electronic sensors.
- In response to information from the sensors, the system can send email and telephone alerts to the caregiver.
- By looking at long-term averages, the caregiver may spot problems that indicate health concerns such as altered frequency of bathroom visits.
- Caregivers can also use motion detection to assess the timeliness of Meals-On-Wheels, cleaning services, and other scheduled or unscheduled visits to the home.
- The system's emergency buttons can be placed in accessible locations. When a button is activated, the system will send a recorded message to numbers designated by the caregivers. The recorded message will state that an alarm has been activated, and it will request confirmation that the message has been received and understood. The caregiver can then call the individual, make a visit, or call help.
- Another feature is an individualizable TV channel provided through the Internet but accessed by turning on the home television. This channel is operated by the caregiver(s), allowing seniors to view personal greetings, pictures, weather forecasts, daily headlines, fun trivia and quotes, and friendly calendar appointment reminders.
- System Requirements: Dedicated Internet connection; television set; telephone line; and Caller ID (optional for Caller ID feature).