A handwriting-to-speech application for iOS devices, HandySpeech provides people with speech and hearing disabilities a quick and easy conversational tool. The application remembers frequently used phrases, learns the user’s handwriting style, understands cursive, print and mixed writing styles and contains a dictionary for unusual words. HandySpeech is a tool for individuals with a variety of speech and language impairments, including those who are living with oral, head, and neck cancer, Muscular Dystrophy, Lou Gehrig’s disease, or autism; have experienced a stroke or brain injury; and those with post-operative voice difficulties and vocal cords impairments due to surgery, paralysis, vocal nodules, and others.
- The application generates natural-sounding male and female voices in a total of 12 languages.
- Speech recognition module that can be used by deaf and hard-of-hearing people for two way “verbal” conversation with the hearing individuals.
- Assistive Speech Technology.
- Easy-to-use, intuitive interface, portable.
- It remembers favorite and frequently used phrases for use at the store, doctor's office, on the phone ("I am using an assistive device - please be patient") - quicker ability to say something.
- Corrects written words based on user's intention;
- Improves ability to recognize user's handwriting over time.
- It can be used anywhere - either WIFI or cell connection and also with no connection.
- One time payment includes iPad, iPhone, iPod, and all future updates.
- Alternative keyboard and whole screen input.
- Size: 102.9 MB.
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
See product in Apple's App Store.