InftyReader is an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) application that recognizes and translates scientific documents (including math symbols) into LaTeX, MathML and XHTML.
- InftyReader can recognize tables including math expressions in the cells so long as the ruled lines are not broken.
- InftyReader incorporates the use of three OCR engines.
- The first is InftyReader’s own OCR engine which has been designed to recognize scientific and mathematical symbols in formulae.
- The second and third OCR engines are from the Toshiba Corporation (ExpressReaderPro) and MediaDrive Corporation (WinReader).
- The ExpressReaderPro and WinReader OCR engines operate simultaneously in order to improve the recognition results of characters appearing in ordinary text areas.
- An InftyReader license was designed for business/professional use in support of recognizing large volumes of pages. There is no limit to the number of pages that can be processed.
- An InftyReader Enterprise license may be used to provide InftyReader network service to users on campus or in one organization. It may not be used to accommodate an unlimited number of users.
- An InftyReader Enterprise license may be used for research and development purposes, e.g., extracting special functions of InftyReader such as the recognition of mathematical symbols and the recognition of math expressions assigning the specified subareas of a page image, etc.
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10.
- 1 GB (preferably more) of system memory.
- Chrome or Firefox Browser.
- Note: InftyReader does not run on Windows 98, Me, or 2000.
- InftyReader cannot process gray-scale/color images or pixelated images of characters. There should also be no background colors in the images being processed.
- InftyReader can only process black and white images (binary images).
- Original images must be high resolution 600 Dots Per Inch (DPI) in order for InftyReader to work effectively.
- Web-based PDF files often contain low-resolution images (<300 DPI) in order to reduce download and load times.
Options & Accessories:
- InftyReader One-Year Version ($45 USD).
- InftyReader Standard Version ($220 USD).
- InftyReader Enterprise Version License ($2,550 USD).
- InftyReader Enterprise Version Maintenance for Second and Beyond Years, Per Year ($1,040 USD).
- InftyReader/ChattyInfty Standard Version Bundle ($325 USD).