Joystick Switch (Generic)
A joystick switch is a type of adaptive switch device used in place of a mouse on switch-enabled technology, such as smartphones, computers, toys, and video games. Instead of dragging a mouse or finger across a trackpad to click and navigate, users push/pull the joystick to select any element on a screen with a focus cursor. A joystick-based switch design is easy to grasp and eliminates the need for fine motor precision while operating a mouse.
These are common features found with this type of product. Not all products will have all features - so look at individual products to find the one(s) that provide the features you need.
- All the functionality of a traditional mouse, including left/right click and double-click.
- Requires minimal hand movement and reduces fatigue.
- Symmetrical design allowing use with either hand.
- Some models feature cursor speed adjustment and customizable left/right click buttons.
Where To Buy:
This is a generic entry. This type of product is available from many vendors. Type or paste the following search phrase into your preferred web browser: “joystick switch," "joystick adaptive switch."
Options & Accessories:
- Tennis ball, T-Bar, lip-control, and other assistive grip options for the joystick control.
- Some models provide both tactile and auditory feedback.
- Available in a number of colors and styles.
- Most models are universally compatible with any operating system.
By using this link, a portion of your purchase will help to support the Unified Listing.