Lex Air is a portable camera system that gives dyslexic users near-instant access to practically any physical document. Using Lex software, a document can be read aloud and shown in a choice of text size, color, and formatting.
- Up to 20 pages per minute capture with advanced motion detection algorithms.
- Time to read: modern PCs will allow the users to capture and begin reading a page of their document in just two seconds.
- Lex Air uses a high-resolution camera that recognizes down to 6pt text. It has a superb depth of field allowing even the thickest of books to be captured with ease.
- Glossy document capture: Although it has integrated lighting, the camera and software have been optimized to capture without the light, meaning even glossy magazines can be captured without difficulty.
- Set-Up time: it takes less than 5 seconds. Just unfold it, plug in one USB connector into a laptop or PC and it's ready.
- No Batteries: All Lex Air needs is one USB 2.0 port.
- Footprint: Occupying 65mm x 62mm of table area, Lex Air takes up very little space.
- Weight: Lex weighs 500 grams (1.1 lbs) making it portable.
- Versatility: Read almost any surface, flat or round. Lex Air's camera allows it to capture deep into the spines of books without flattening them, as well as read 3D objects like tins.
- Magnification: 0.2 to 4x on a 22 inch screen.
- Time to read (approximate)This depends on both the computer speed and complexity of the document: Intel Atom (dual-core):15 seconds, Intel Core2Duo: 4 seconds, Intel Core i5: 2 seconds.
- Camera resolution: 5 megapixels.
- Focus Depth: 10 cm 4 inches.
- Capture Speed: Up to 20 pages per minute.
- Dimensions:(W x D x H) 6.5 x 6.2 x 25.5 cm2.5 x 2.4 x 10 inches.
- Weight: 500 grams (1.1 lbs.)
- Power: Less than 500 milliamps at 5 volts. The Lex Air camera has no measurable effect on laptop battery life.
- Connectivity: One USB 2.0.