Motion Sensor Monitoring (Generic)
Motion sensor monitoring systems allow caregivers to strategically place motion detectors in key locations—for example, under the mattress, on the refrigerator door, and on a medication container— in order to monitor a user's activities of daily living. Caregivers can then monitor whether a user has opened the refrigerator that day, taken their medication, and other activities. Many systems include emergency dialers, and/or video sentry systems for increased monitoring, as well.
- Monitor a user's activities of daily living.
- Highly customizable—caregivers can choose which locations or activities within the home to monitor.
Where To Buy:
This is a generic entry. This type of product is available from many vendors. Type or paste the following search phrase into your preferred web browser: "motion sensor monitor systems for elderly," "ambient sensors for elderly."
Options & Accessories:
- Companion smartphone app for real-time monitoring or emergency contact.
- Dedicated laptop, tablet, or TV interface that allows caregivers to send messages, photos, and share reminders with the user.
- Typically requires an Internet/phone connection and a monthly fee.