News‑2‑You is a weekly online newspaper connecting students with special needs to the world around them. A supplementary tool for literacy and learning, it gives students the opportunity to have conversations both in and out of the classroom about relevant topics of the day.
- Class News—a feature that allows students to create their own newspapers.
- Features a self-paced, onscreen activity designed to encourage collaboration between students, and foster strong associations with the weekly edition of News‑2‑You.
- Following discussion prompts, the class creates newspapers specific to a school district, classroom or student.
- Provides literacy and language instruction as students learn about diverse current events topics through age-respectful content.
- News‑2‑You is cross-curricular and is presented in an accessible format, supporting digital and media literacy.
- Skill-building activities are designed to enhance student understanding and engagement, encouraging communication, vocabulary, writing, and geography.
- Available in several levels of the same story: Advanced, Higher, Regular, Simplified, and Text Only for each edition.
- Versions of the paper can be matched to learners’ reading support needs, allowing all students access to the same content.
- Subscribers access the weekly newspaper issue online, with interactive speaking pages, or offline, using printable pages for instruction.