- Computer Access and Use (PC, Tablet, eBook)
- Adaptive or Assistive Products
- Daily Living
- Entertainment and Play
Orca is a free, open source, extensible screen reader that provides access to the graphical desktop via user-customizable combinations of speech and/or braille.
- Orca works with applications and toolkits that support the assistive technology service provider interface (AT-SPI), which is the primary assistive technology infrastructure for Unix-like environments such as Linux, OpenBSD or Solaris.
- Applications and toolkits supporting the AT-SPI include the GNOME GTK+ toolkit, the Java platform's Swing toolkit, SWT, OpenOffice/LibreOffice, Mozilla, and WebKitGtk.
- AT-SPI support for the KDE Qt toolkit is being pursued.