Pictello is an iOS app for creating and sharing visual social stories and schedules. Users can add pictures, videos, and recordings to stories to make it easier to share information while building literacy skills and confidence in storytelling. Each page in a Pictello story consists of a photo or video and some text, which can be read aloud by natural-sounding Text to Speech voices or user-recorded audio.
- Develop literacy skills:
- Support reading with word-by-word text highlighting.
- Develop writing and spelling with built-in word prediction and Speak as You Type.
- Create stories to teach academic and social skills.
- Import free early literacy and adapted academic books from Tar Heel Reader.
- Create and playback:
- Use the wizard to create stories.
- Play stories page by page or as a slideshow.
- Use Text to Speech voices to read the story.
- Turn on switch access for story playback.
- Integrate multimedia:
- Add photos.
- Include short video clips.
- Record a voice or sound.
- Share stories:
- Share with other Pictello users.
- Use Dropbox to exchange stories.
- Export to PDF or print to share with non-Pictello users.
- Customize to fit needs:
- Pick between Wizard or Expert creation modes.
- Swipe or automatically turn pages.
- Adjust speech rate and pronunciations.
- Version: 3.6.
- Size: 851.9 MB.
- Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age: Rating Rated 4+.
Options & Accessories:
- Available in English, Spanish, German, French, Italian or Dutch for the user interface.
- Select from over 110 free Text to Speech voices in 29 languages.
- Use genuine American, British, Australian, American-Spanish, Swedish, French, Italian, German, Norwegian and Swedish children's voices.
See product in Apple's App Store.