The PLEXTALK Linio is a digital talking book player designed for use by individuals who are blind or have low vision. The device features DAISY structure navigation-levels, bookmarks, and headings. The unit also plays music, voice, book CDs, and MP3 CDs from multiple formats including DAISY 2.02, ANSI/NISO and DAISY 3.0.
- Text is supported by Microsoft .doc, HTML, plain text or DAISY text files.
- The Linio has 2 gigabytes (GB) internal flash memory and a LAN connection port.
- It reads media from CDs, SD or SDHC cards and USB flash memory so the user can acquire media without connecting to a PC.
- It also can connect to another device or the Internet wirelessly via Bluetooth 2.1 or WiFi connection so the user has access digital talking books, newspapers and magazines via the Daisy Online Protocol.
- Contents can be heard either through a built-in speaker or with headphones.
- Other functions include numeric keys for complex navigation of professional or textbook reading, key describers to announce the function when the user presses the key and sleep timer for auto power-off.
- The device comes with the following accessories: AC adapter, mask cover, quick reference guide, CD manual, and safety instructions.
- Power: Uses one rechargeable Ni-MH (nickel-metal hydride) battery or alternating current (AC) adaptor (100-240 volts, 50/60 Hertz).
- This device plays a CD for 2 hours and SD cards for 8 hours per battery charge.
- Dimensions: 6.7 x 8.6 x 2.2 inches (with mask cover).
- Weight: 2.87 pounds (with mask cover).
By using this link, a portion of your purchase will help to support the Unified Listing.