Poet Compact (Various Models)
All-in-one reading machine with built-in stereo loudspeakers directed towards the listener to ensure sound is clear.
Poet Compact 2
This model is the basic model with only 2 buttons.
Poet Compact 2+
This model is for more advanced users who prefer more features.
These features are common to all models:
- Minimum controls.
- Stand-alone, all-in-one unit.
- Clear accurate speech.
- Pleasing human-like inflection.
- Multiple languages on request.
- Low energy consumption.
- Integrated flatbed scanner.
- Modern speech synthesizer.
- Tactile buttons with sensible pressing click feedback and touch tones.
Poet Compact 2 includes these additional features:
- 1 on/off button and 2 control knobs.
- Two buttons: The first button scans and recognizes texts. The second button is the pause button and stops and starts the speech immediately.
- The control knobs are used to adjust the volume and reading speed.
- All controls are located on the front panel.
Poet Compact 2+ includes these additional features:
- Has a front panel that offers more controls and possibilities: Access to menu functions, speech settings, plug-ins, CD-drive for listening to DAISY-books, etc.
- CD drive for MP3, DAISY and more.
- USB Port for MP3, TXT, RTF, and DOC data transfer.
- Document management system.
- MP3 functions: Generate and transfer Text-to-Speech on external devices.
- 3 buttons, 1 menu keypad, 1 on/off button and 2 control knobs.
These specifications are common to all models:
- Voltage: Universal power supply (100 - 240 V, 50 - 60 Hz).
- Size and weight:
- 28 × 46 × 10 cm (appr. 11 × 18.1 x 3.9 in.).
- 5,8 kg (appr. 12.8 lbs.).
See Manufacturer's website about Poet Compact 2 and Poet Compact 2+.