Approximate Cost: $249.99
Proloquo2Go is a symbol-based augmentative and alternative Communication (AAC) iOS app designed to increase communication skills and language development for people who have difficulty speaking. It is used by people with autism, Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, and other diagnoses.
- Uses Crescendo, a complete research-based core word vocabulary with 10,000+ fringe words.
- Designed for a range of fine-motor and visual skills with options like 23 pre-programmed grid sizes.
- Supports bilingual use and can switch languages mid-sentence.
- Supports regional vocabulary and accent with British, Australian, and American English, Parisian and Canadian French, Castilian and American Spanish, and Dutch and Flemish.
- 100 natural-sounding free voices across all languages, including children’s voices.
- Grows communication skills:
- Progressive Language feature reveals words step by step. This helps communicators learn words and their location as their vocabulary gradually grows.
- Thematic templates keep core words in the same places throughout the vocabulary. This helps communicators by reducing time wasted trying to find words.
- Customization and accessibility:
- Buttons, pages, navigation, and access are customizable.
- Option to add buttons and photos.
- Comes with more than 25,000 symbols for new words.
- Accessibility settings support scanning and Apple’s VoiceOver, for users with fine-motor challenges and vision impairments.
- Size: 950.9 MB.
- Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Apple Watch.
- Age Rating: Rated 4+.
Options & Accessories:
Available in English, Spanish, French, and Dutch.
See product in Apple's App Store.