Proloquo4Text is a text‑based communication app for people who cannot speak. The app is designed to enable easy conversation and full participation in society. It achieves this through a customizable single screen layout with quick access to personal phrases, word and sentence prediction, and other effort-saving features. Free voices in 18 languages are included to enable natural-sounding communication.
- Speak using single-screen access to words, phrases, and keyboard.
- Create, save, and organize commonly used phrases.
- Switch between conversations easily.
- Show typed information with the fullscreen view and flip text features.
- Reduce typing with advanced, self-learning PolyPredix word prediction.
- Type once and speak again with history and sentence prediction.
- Decide when to speak with play, pause, and while typing.
- Optimized for Switch Control and VoiceOver.
- Enhance visual feedback with optional sentence or word highlighting.
- Communicate without an Internet connection.
- Customize the screen layout to match communication style.
- Configure prediction, abbreviation expansion, and privacy settings.
- Adjust appearance (font, color, text size) to user needs.
- Switch languages.
- Use the Apple Watch folder on Proloquo4Text to create a list of commonly used phrases.
- Scroll through phrases and tap to show them fullscreen or speak out loud.
- Customize the contents shown on the watch using Proloquo4Text on an iPhone.
- Send email, messages, and tweets from Proloquo4Text.
- Write in Proloquo4Text and copy text into another app.
- Listen to text by pasting into Proloquo4Text.
- Download free natural-sounding Acapela voices within Proloquo4Text.
- Add character and humor to conversations with free specialty voices.
- Pick from over 100 voices in 18 languages.
- Supports use of my-own-voice technology.
- Size: 549.9 MB.
- Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch.
- Age Rating: Rated 4+.
Options & Accessories:
Choose English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian as the interface language.
See product in Apple's App Store.