Reader or Lecteur Médialexie
Reader Medialexie is a screen capture software used to select and cut text elements from images, PDFs, and websites displayed on a screen, which are then read out using text-to-speech with a high-definition voice. Other software features allow customization to the display of a selected text so that it is more readable. People affected by dyslexia, dysorthography, dyspraxia, and other disorders will find within the software simple and effective tools to compensate for their difficulties in writing, reading, understanding or even organizing.
- Hear the echo of each letter, word, sentence as it is typed on the keyboard.
- Visualize the syllables in a word, using different colors.
- Customize the display of a selected text: background and character color, choice of size and font, presentation in columns, space between lines, space between words, highlighting of characters so that it is more readable.
- An adapted word processor, which offers all the tools and options of most text editors (such as Word or Open Office).
- Create a profile for each user.
- Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit), Windows 8 (32 or 64 bit, except Windows 8 RT) or Windows 10.
- 2.5 GHz processor minimum (or equivalent distributed over several cores, for example, 2 cores of 1.3 GHz). Atom type processors (1st generation) are not compatible.
- 3 GB of RAM minimum.
- 3 GB free on the hard drive for a complete installation in French.
- DVD-ROM drive to install the software in DVD version / USB 3 port available to use the software in a mobile version.
- Digital headset (USB) with a noise-canceling microphone for the use of voice dictation.
- Internet connection required for software activation, updates, and online services.
- The integration of Médialexie tools in Word is possible for 2007 and higher versions (32-bit version - except for the Starter version).
Options & Accessories:
- Evaluation version: identical to the full version, with all the updates, technical support, and customized advice, for free, limited to 30 days.
- French (Download version).
- Bilingual (Download version).
- French Nomad Reader (USB).
- Bilingual, French and English, Nomad Reader (USB).
- French Player (DVD).
- Bilingual Player (DVD).
- French Cartographer: a tool to help users understand a text. It allows the transformation of a text in the form of a card.
- Bilingual Cartographer.
- Plantronics Audio 628 USB headset: helmet style stereo headset with DSP technology (Digital Signal Processing) and a noise-canceling microphone that captures the entire spectrum of voice frequencies.