Reporter Smart 2.1
Reporter Smart 2.1 is a printed text reader designed for blind and visually impaired people, as well as people who have problems with printed text for other reasons such as reading, learning or language difficulties.
- The one-button operation does not require computer knowledge to obtain a clear result.
- Text from a book, a letter or a bank statement, in lines or columns.
- The cover ensures that ambient light or wrinkled paper does not affect the scanning result.
- Scan, have text recognized and read aloud.
- Pause and continue reading.
- Forward and backward per word and per sentence.
- Let words and numbers be spelled.
- Columns are automatically recognized and read in the correct order. The user can turn this function on or off to read tables, lists or excerpts.
- Adjust read speed and volume.
- Connection for headphones available.
- Help function.
- All functions of the simple mode are also available in extended mode.
- Selecting specific reading and scanning settings.
- Change and save scan and read settings.
- Scan and read text from multiple pages.
- Search and read texts in different formats (doc, docx, txt, rtf) from built-in CD reader or external devices connected to the Reporter Smart via USB (USB stick, USB hard disk, etc.) or from memory cards.
- Saving scanned texts as txt files in the memory of the Reporter Smart itself or on an external disk: USB stick or memory card (SD, MMC, SDHC).
- Saving scanned texts as MP3 files on USB stick or memory card (SD, MMC, SDHC).
- Name the files to be saved and create a folder structure.
- Naming the files via voice recording or by entering the file name with the reporter buttons.
- Reading daisy books from the built-in CD player, from external devices connected to the Reporter Smart or from memory cards.
- Play daisy books using the most common daisy navigation functions, including bookmark function.
- Play music files in mp3 format, audio files in wav and wma format, audio CDs.
- The device can be set in two different ways: basic or advanced.
- If the user mainly needs a device that scans and reads a text without resorting to additional functions, it will remain set in its basic mode. Additional functions are disabled and do not confuse the user.
- For advanced users, it has everything in-house to listen to texts and to store, navigate, manage, and share them.
- By entering a key combination, it switches to its extended mode with numerous additional functions.
- Recognizes text and reads in 20 languages.
- Automatic language recognition of 12 languages.
- Each language has its own reading voice with accents and pleasant timbre.
- Two operating modes, to be set via the control buttons.
- Volume is adjustable with an ergonomic volume knob.
- Possibility to connect external headphones.
- Synthetic speech from Nuance Vocalizer. Voting of Acapela Infovox on request.
- Available system languages: Dutch, French, English, German, Norwegian. Other system languages on request.
- Daisy functionality.
- MP3 functionality.
- Storage on a hard disk, SD, USB, MMC, SDHC.
- The device consists of one housing with power cord, without peripherals.
- All control buttons and inputs for devices to be connected are located on the front.
- Scan format: A4 / Letter.
- Dimensions: (WxLxH): 29.5 x 53 x 10.5 cm.
- Weight: 5.6 kg.