RSS News Reader
RSS News Reader is a free program designed for blind and visually-impaired people that makes RSS feeds accessible.
- Use the cursor to move up and down the chosen feeds, press enter, and cursor up and down the items.
- Supports RSS, all flavors, and Atom feeds.
- Handles (very common) broken and invalid feeds so the user always sees the feed come up.
- Users can add their own feeds so just the news and websites they want are there. Feed autodiscovery is also supported, so the user just needs the website address of their favorite site.
- Feed list is automatically sorted into alphabetical order so the user can quickly access the feed they want.
- Hide or show read items with a keystroke.
- Save and load OPML files so users can share their feeds or distribute them to other people or use someone else's collection of feeds.
- It uses 16pt text so people with a little sight can use it without needing a screen reader.
- Works with any screen reader, including JAWS, Window-Eyes, Thunder, NVDA, and Narrator.
- Runs on Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista Service Pack 2, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8/8.1, or Windows 10.
- The Microsoft .Net Framework 4 Client Version is required.