Smart Alex is a behavior training program designed for interacting with autistic individuals and those with cognitive and developmental disabilities. Smart Alex is a larger than life cartoon character that laughs, talks, cries, blows raspberries, and does many other actions.
- The program offers eight different levels with a variety of exercises pertaining to expressing emotions.
- At the first level, users click on the eyes and mouth of Smart Alex to change facial expressions.
- Other levels enable users to use rebus symbols to select the emotion Alex is to express.
- Alex can express emotions such as fear, anger, happiness, confusion, boredom, shyness, curiosity, courage, and frustration.
- At a higher level, keyboard users can hold a simple conversation with Alex about their likes and dislikes.
- If the user gives Alex a word he does not know, he will ask about it and remember it for the next session.
- Alex can be male or female, caucasion or African American.
- The program is accessible by mouse, keyboard, or touch screen.
- The sound recorder enables users to make Alex talk use their own voice.
- Windows 95+, Pentium 200MHz, 8MB RAM, 256 colors.
- Mac OS 7+