Strillone is available for smartphones, tablets and desktop PCs, and allows blind people or people with serious vision problems to browse and listen to their favorite newpaper through integrated speech synthesis.
The Strillone interface provides four simple navigation buttons identifiable with the corners of the screen.
Browsing the contents is quick and easy. Each newspaper is represented in a structure defined as an "inverted tree ". In this way, every newspaper is the "root" of a tree. By choosing one, the following "branches" represent the sections (for example sport, politics, finance, news), and once you choose one of these, the leaves are the articles of that specific section.
To allow you to easily browse this "tree", the Strillone's screen has been divided vertically and horizontally into four equal parts easily identifiable by holding the phone or tablet in his hands. To each of them is associated an action:
- Upper left corner: briefly touch this angle to return to the upper level. If, for example, you are browsing the articles, pressing this corner you can stop reading the article. Pressing it again you can go back to the newspaper sections, and so on. If you want to close Strillone, long press this button and the application will close.
- Upper right corner: briefly touch this angle to move from one section or one article to the previous one.
- Lower right corner: briefly touch this angle to move from one section or item to the next.
- Lower left corner: briefly touch this angle to go down to the next level. If, for example, you are browsing the sections of the newspaper, by pressing this corner you can enter the list of articles in the chosen section. Pressing it again you can start reading the article of interest. If you want to listen to the voice guide, long press this button.
Options & Accessories:
- As a web application
- As a native app for Android devices on Google Play
- As a native app for Apple iOS devices on the App Store
- As a native app for Microsoft devices on the Windows Phone Store
- As open source code of the web version is licensed under GPL on GitHub
For more information on this product, please refer to the manufacturer's website.