A text to speech app for compatible Android devices, Talking Clipboard can read ePub Books, and text, or HTML files (by converting webpage articles to text). It can read text copied from any application using a read clipboard feature available through the notification/status bar. Talking Clipboard requires the installation of OI File Manager from the Android market.
- Read text documents, RSS feeds and webpages using realistic synthetic voices.
- Can convert text to audio files for a music player.
- Supports all SAPI 5 compliant voices.
- It can read text from any application using the clipboard and can read a large number of native document formats directly, like ePub, PDF, DOC, RTF, HTML, TXT.
- Users can also convert a large number of text documents to audio WAV or MP3 (with ID3 tags) files, using batch command line conversion or GUI tools.
- Users have full control over reading like Play/Pause/Stop, jump to next or previous paragraph or line via menu or media remote or keyboard media buttons.
- It supports highlighting of currently spoken word and allows users to define alias or IPA pronunciation for any word, for better clarity of the spoken text.
- Other features include bookmarks, spell correction, text manipulation using regular expressions, RSS reader, Wordnet dictionary, talking reminder, Drag & Drop support, etc.
This product is a freeware software available for free download off of the internet from Soft112 or search for: "open source freeware Talking Clipboard."