Teaching to Standards: English Language Arts Curriculum
Teaching to Standards: English Language Arts Curriculum is a research- and standards-based curriculum for secondary students with moderate to severe intellectual disability or autism to learn language arts with age-appropriate novels.
- Highlights persuasive writing, grammar, vocabulary, literacy comprehension, listening skills, and research.
- A multiyear curriculum that aligns with Common Core, state standards, and national standards.
- 15 pieces of popular literature have been modified with simplified storylines, repeated text, and symbol support.
- Includes four theme-based units of study with eight individual lessons within each unit: change, values and decision making, social justice, global awareness.
- Offers three literacy levels for least intrusive prompting: object/photo, concrete symbols, written text.
- The curriculum integrates traditional formats, like books and manipulatives, with the software and iPad app.
- Curriculum includes: The Implementation Guide, Alignment to Standards booklet, two Teacher’s Guides, one Assessment Response Book, one Student Response Book, Right On Readers 1 and 2, one Daily Writing Journal Student Book, one consumable Daily Writing Journal Student Workbook, graphic organizers, 250 teaching cards, PDFs on disc with a classroom license for printouts, a Task Analysis Teacher Extension Book, and the Access Language Arts Software and iPad App.
- Compatible with Windows and Mac.
Options & Accessories:
- Curriculum Plus, which also includes 10 consumable Daily Writing Journal Student Workbooks, the GoWorksheet Maker iPad App, a set of GoWorksheet activities, samples of communications overlays, four sets of the Right On Readers, and one copy of Holes, We Beat the Street, The Outsiders, Number the Stars, and Dragonwings.