Audioreader is a text-to-speech Android program that allows users to hear print content out loud on their mobile devices. Users can photograph the printed text with a mobile device's camera, and the program will read the content aloud. The program can recognize special reading situations, like bank statements, or columns of data, and the program also doubles as a color identifier, as well.
- Users can photograph the printed text with a mobile device's camera, and the program will then read the content aloud.
- An audio-based "assistant" helps keep the phone parallel to the text in order to frame only the text and nothing else.
- Indications are given if the text has been cut on some side, or if the cell phone has been kept too far from the text.
- Able to read texts arranged on flat surfaces (like a sheet) or curves (like a label on a jar), correcting any distortions.
- Omnifont print characters recognition on flat or curved surfaces.
- Rotated texts of any angle are recognized, even upside down.
- Automatic correction of text distortion.
- Automatic recognition of text arranged on multiple columns.
- Voice labeling machine.
- Measurement of ambient brightness with sound detection of the light source.
- Color recognition.
- Banknote recognition.
- Support for phones with Android 5.1 or higher operating systems and at least 5 MP camera.