Time Timer App
Time Timer is a timer app designed for use by parents and teachers working with children with autism or other developmental or cognitive disabilities and youth and adults who have disabilities that affect their ability to keep track of time. It allows a person to use a smartphone or smartwatch to show elapsed time and to alert the person when a selected period of time expires.
- Features a red disk that disappears as the seconds go by.
- One swipe or twist of the Apple Watch’s digital crown will set the length of the timer; then hit play to start the visual countdown.
- Touch and drag to set a quick-start timer.
- Helps students see and understand the passage of time and manage transitions successfully.
- Break big tasks down into smaller, more manageable pieces.
- Gives older students a tool to manage their workload.
- Helps kids manage their routines.
- Helps adults manage everyday such as cooking, cleaning and yard work.
- Options include a “60 Minutes” format, in which the disk is always a fraction of 60 minutes and operates like the original Time Timer.
- Custom mode, where the disk is scaled to any time duration and can represent any period of time from 1 second to 99 hours.
- Color and alert options are available.
- Play Bar: a tool that visually depicts how many times a timer will play. Synchronized with elapsing time; each bar represents the number of timers that are set to repeat. Allows up to 99 continuous plays for a single timer.
- List View: saved timers are segmented based on whether they are running (Active) or not (Inactive). Able to store up to 99 timers.
- Horizontal or Vertical Display: view timers in either position, as single timers, in List View, or the 6-Timer screen.
- Awake Mode: keeps the device from falling asleep when the app is open.
- Continuous Alert: extends the alert when a timer runs out until it is dismissed.
- Alert Icon: turn on/off audible alert while the timer is “Active.”
- Apple TV: push timers to TV monitors or interactive whiteboards using AirPlay.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, and Android devices.
- Apple version requires iOS 10.3 or later.
Options & Accessories:
- Available in eight languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish.