Tiresias Fonts are a low vision font family designed to have characters that are easy to distinguish from each other, which is especially important for the visually impaired. The fonts are in Windows and Macintosh TrueType format and include PCfont, Infofont, and Signfont (each font sold separately). The following key factors were considered during the design process: character shapes, the relative weight of character strokes, intercharacter spacing, and aspect ratios that affect the maximum size at which the type could be used.
- PCfont is for use on personal computers.
- Infofont is for use in printed instructions on public terminals and is designed to be legible at a reading distance of 30 to 70 centimeters.
- Signfont is for fixed (not internally illuminated) signage, and is recommended usage in white or yellow characters on a dark background.
- Each comes with a standard zero and a slashed zero.
- Runs on Microsoft Windows and MacOS devices.