TM-Touch for Tablets
TM-Touch for Tablets is an assistive communication SIP-based tool for people who are deaf and hearing impaired that works with iPad and Android tablets to offer "total conversation," which includes video, audio, and text.
- Can connect to the Internet by Wi-Fi or by the built-in 3G or 4G functionality.
- Can be used with T-Meeting’s TERA product as well as for video relay services.
- Has a built-in video responder, which enables users to put up an automatic video reply to incoming calls and receive video messages directly to the tablet without having to subscribe to a service that usually stores video messages on the provider’s server.
- The automatic video responder enables users to leave their video message in sign language and receive a video answer back in sign language.
- Using the tablet, the user records a new video reply or uses a reply they have made earlier and saved.
- Users can save video messages for different occasions and access them when required.
- When users are away from their tablets they can set the program to automatically respond with video.
- People calling the user can answer the video greeting with a video reply or they can use text or audio (Total Conversation video-response service).
- When the user next uses their tablet, they will see which calls they missed and an icon tells them if anyone on that list has left a video message.
- Users can keep the T-Meeting app running in the background (multitasking) while they use the device for other tasks, thus remaining available for incoming video calls.
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, and Swedish.
- For Android, any device that can run Android 5.0 or newer
- For iPad, requires iOS 11 and first-generation iPad Air or newer, or second generation of iPad Mini or newer.
See TM-Touch for iPad in Apple’s App Store.
See TM-Touch for Android in Google Play.