Tongue Click Switch
The E2300 Tongue Click Switch is an assistive communication device allowing mobility and speech challenged individuals to communicate with a computer or other device using tongue clicks or other high-frequency sounds. The click sound interfaces easily to a variety of assistive technology devices with a switch input.
- A sensitivity control allows the tongue clicks to be recognized while rejecting background speech.
- Up to two microphones can be used to allow for optimum sound pickup.
- The sound is processed with an audio filter which triggers an optically isolated bi-directional switch for about 100msec on high frequency sounds such as produced by a tongue click.
- An LED indicates when the output switch is closed.
- The unit is battery powered to allow for mobile ease of use.
- A built-in trickle charger allows safe overnight charging for approximately one week of usage.
- Custom microphone mounts are available.
- The Model E2300 Tongue Click Switch is compatible with equipment using a standard 3.5mm stereo cable and a switch input interface.
- The unit includes two microphones, 3.5mm stereo cable, USB charger cable, (3) NiMH AAA batteries, and user guide.
- Dimensions are 4.25” x 2.5” x 1.25” or 115mm x 64mm x 32mm.
- Weight is 4.8 ounces or 136 g.