Approximate Cost: $1,680.00
Top-Braille is a personal assistant portable device for instant Braille reading and conversion of printed text to audio.
- Discreet, lightweight, and ergonomic, the size of a computer mouse, Top-Braille is an object that provides access to information, culture, and the world of work.
- Top-Braille is equipped with a camera that scans (takes pictures) of the surface on which it is placed. These photos are sent to a very powerful processor (integrated into the "Top-Braille" box) which can analyze tens of images per second.
- When there is text on the surface, Top-Braille identifies the characters but also the way they are arranged. The central character is recognized and instantly transmitted in Braille to the matrix (six-character cell). Users can also choose to hear the recognized character in audio.
- If the characters are incorrectly positioned in relation to the Top-Braille, two complementary pins on the matrix indicate the correction of movement to be made to be correctly positioned with respect to the text.
- Its ergonomics are specially studied to ensure perfect comfort of use; it is handled according to the principle of the computer mouse. Due to its voice interface, users can also use it without knowledge of Braille.