By touching a picture TouchSpeak can be used to make a message. It can also be set up with the ability to write, draw, photograph and write messages to send via email or Whatsapp. This can be done by customizing the modules by using the TouchSpeak Designer, usually done by a speech therapist or such.
- TouchSpeak is made up of a number of different parts or modules and can be set up to work with the modules that are relevant to the user.
- Basic: A large number of utterances can be stored in the basic vocabulary. These expressions can be displayed in the text, drawings, pictures or photos. Sound support can be done using recorded or artificial speech.
- Typing module: Works with a keyboard that appears on the screen. Models with a physical keyboard are also possible. There is support through letter, word and sentence prediction. The messages typed can be made audible with the help of a computer voice and possibly saved.
- Drawing module: Make drawings or write texts to clarify intentions.
- Camera: Take photos that can assist in communicating about a situation.
- Interchangeable vocabulary: Temporary messages can be stored.
- Share: Messages from vocabularies and the typing module and images from the drawing and camera module can be shared with other apps, such as Whatsapp, Facebook or email.
- iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Android Varies with the device
Options & Accessories:
- Downloading this app is free. Users can try the app for free for a month and after that, they can choose a subscription form.
In Google Play Store there are two variants, Both apps are free to download.
- a blue demo app. It provides four categories with useful expressions of what TouchSpeak can look like.
- the green full version. It can make changes to the vocabulary. Use this app for free and without obligation for 30 days after registration.
The voice used on the tablet or smartphone is used as the voice in the app:
- Siri's selected voice is used on the iPad or iPhone.
- Google has made a free Dutch (female) voice available. It is not the most beautiful computer voice, but it is free. See website for directions on installing.
- Qualitatively better Dutch voices for Android can be purchased via Acapela . In addition,Vocalizer has a Dutch voice.
See product in Apple's App Store.
See product in Google Play.