Webbox (Various Models)
A multi-media device designed for people with a visual or reading impairment to enable them to access audio information and entertainment, including content available on the Internet, without needing a computer. Webbox functions as Internet radio and an online Daisy player, with audible prompts that guide users to information and entertainment options.
A sleek new design with larger tactile buttons.
Plug and Play.
These features are common to all versions:
- Offers current, varied and extensive information in spoken form.
- Simple operation features five push buttons and one dial.
- Includes remote control for all functions.
- Online DAISY player.
- Wireless internet on-board.
- On-demand IP audio player.
- Speed and pitch are adjustable.
- Advanced navigation.
- Speech synthesis to play out text-based content.
- Built-in spoken user guide.
- Plays out from SD card or USB stick.
- Download station for portable players (Milestone, Victor Reader Stream, Plextalk Linio Pocket and Booksense).
- Remembers your favorites.
Webbox3 includes this additional feature:
- Digital radio receiver.
Webbox2 includes these additional features:
- Copies CDs from an external CD drive to SD/USB.
These specifications are common to Webbox3:
- Internal USB for 4G connection.
- Internal micro-SD storage.
- USB-, SD- and headphone connections on the left side of the unit.
- Adjust volume, reading speed and pitch.
- Connect to the internet, wired or wireless.
- Earphone connection: 3.5 mm jack plug.
- AC adapter: AC / DC.
- Dimensions: 160 x 250 x 84 mm.
- Weight: 800 grams.
These specifications are common to Webbox2:
- It requires a broadband connection.
- RJ45 Ethernet cable (included).
- Audio cable to connect to optional HiFi set (included).
- Batteries for Remote control (included).
- Battery-powered (AC adapter included).
See Manufacturer's website about Webbox3 .
See Manufacturer's website about Webbox2.