WYNN (Various Editions)
WYNN Wizard and WYNN Reader are voice output, web browser, and text editor programs intended to help individuals with learning disabilities to read, write, study, and comprehend text more effectively. WYNN can read aloud ASCII text files, standard word processing files, digital talking books (DAISY and NIMAS), PDF files, web pages, and e-mail using RealSpeak Solo, which offers multiple voices and languages.
Scanning and reading software. It includes optical character recognition (OCR), the ability to scan printed pages and convert them into electronic text. Speech synthesis enables this scanned text to be read aloud. Additionally, WYNN Wizard can read word processing documents, Adobe Acrobat PDF files, text files, and the Internet.
Includes all features of WYNN Wizard except OCR, or scanning capability. Additionally, files that have been previously scanned and saved using WYNN Wizard can be read with WYNN Reader.
- Bi-modal approach to reading — text is highlighted in context as it is spoken aloud.
- Full editing capabilities — the ability to modify electronic files, scanned pages, or newly created documents.
- Clear, natural sounding speech.
- Scanned-in pages retain original layout.
- Customized visual presentation.
- Built-in talking dictionary and thesaurus.
- Traditional study tools — highlighting, bookmarking, text and voice notes, and more.
- Teacher Lockout — temporarily restricts student access to the dictionary, thesaurus, and spell-checker during tests.
- Ability to read the Internet.
- Word prediction.
- Key Learning features now available in Exact View.
- Spell Check as you Type.
- MP3 and WAV Conversion.
- Highlight Web pages.
- Extract highlighted text from Web pages.
- Compatible with WebCT
- Easy-to-use rotating toolbars provide all reading functions.
- Bi-modal approach increases reading comprehension.
- Intuitive buttons and icons provide short learning curve.
- Modify speech to aid with individuals’ auditory processing style.
- Customize visual presentation to create a “friendlier” reading environment.
- Traditional study aids to enhance effective reading and learning.
- With one keystroke a student can pull highlighted information from a Web page directly into a WYNN document.
- Users can use the WebMasking feature and spotlight in increments to tailor reading mode on Web pages.
- To enhance comprehension of information on the Web, users have access to WYNN's powerful Dictionary feature.
- Support for teaching and methodology.
- Support for IEP Requirements and ADA compliance.
- Permits oral reading of tests for required studies.
- Ability to tailor school work to students’ individual strengths.
- Ability to customize grade-level curriculum.
- Universal Design for all Learning styles.
See Manufacturer's website about the WYNN Wizard and WYNN Reader.