- Computer Access and Use (PC, Tablet, eBook)
- Adaptive or Assistive Products
- Daily Living
- Entertainment and Play
Zoom-Ex is an instant book-to-speech multi-tasking tool for multi-tasking users. It is comprised of an instant scanner and an OCR. It allows you to convert any printed text into multiple accessible formats like speech, large print, sound file, text file, etc. It has a foldable stand that holds a digital scanning camera.
- Real-time page-to-speech.
- Adjustable reading speed.
- Weighs just 1lb & folds up to fit in your laptop bag.
- Flexible Magnify text as much or as little as you need ( up to 40X).
- Highlights words as they are read.
- Enables user to print large font books.
- Scans up to 20 pages per minute.
- Place your document upside down, in landscape position, etc. Orientation of the page does not matter.
- Convert any printed text into multiple accessible formats like speech, large print, sound or text file, etc.
- Provides fast forward and rewind capabilities.
- Ability to read in 9 foreign languages.
- Minimum System Requirements:
- An IBM compatible personal computer.
- 1.4 GHz Pentium or equivalent AMD processor.
- 512 MB RAM Memory (1GB is recommended for Zoom-Ex or Zoom-Twix).
- 450 MB free space on Hard Drive High Speed.
- USB 2.0 port (two USB 2.0 ports for Zoom-Twix).
- Microsoft Windows® XP (strongly recommended) or Vista (32 bit).
This product is discontinued by the manufacturer, but it may still be available for purchase from third party vendors. Try searching the product by name on the internet. Be careful as the manufacturer may no longer support it - or support it for long.